Support for Students

Support for Students

The resources on this page are available for all University of Arizona students.

For some resources, special prioritization or options are available to students who were directly impacted by the incident on October 5, 2022, including those affiliated with HAS or one of the Engineering departments in Harshbarger, or those who were in Harshbarger at the time of the incident (regardless of college affiliation).

Counseling & Psych Services (CAPS)

Campus Health's CAPS offers a wide range of support services for students. To talk with a counselor, get started with medication, or start another mental health services, a Counseling & Consultation session is your first step. Learn more and schedule an appointment with CAPS.

Priority Appointments

CAPS will prioritize students who are affiliated with HAS or one of the Engineering departments in Harshbarger, or were in the building during the October 5, 2022 incident (regardless of college affiliation). 

If you are having difficulty finding CAPS appointment online, call CAPS at 520-621-3334 and share your need for prioritization. CAPS will get you connected with a counselor.

Crisis Support

If you are experiencing a mental health crisis and need help right away, drop in to one of our CAPS locations for same-day crisis support.

After-hours: Call 520-621-3334 and dial "1" during the voicemail to speak with a Crisis and Access Specialist.

Off-Campus Mental Health Referrals & Case Management Support

Navigating the many resources available on campus and in the community can be overwhelming. CAPS offers Resource & Referral appointments that are designed to assist you with identifying and accessing both campus and community resources. These appointments are not therapy sessions, nor are they intended for students in crisis. 

Additional Resources

Student Emergency Fund

If you need financial support for mental health services beyond what CAPS provides or have other financial needs related to the October 5 shooting, there is funding available through the University's Student Emergency Fund.

Academic Support

Please first contact your Academic Advisor or Graduate Program Coordinator if you are in need of: 

If you need additional support navigating these academic processes, please contact Michael Davenport, Associate Registrar in the Office of the Registrar.

Disability-related Support

The Disability Resource Center (DRC) is available to assist students with exploring possible disability-related accommodations. You can request and explore options even without medical or disability-related documentation.

  1. The first step is to complete the DRC's short student affiliation form.
  2. Once the form is received, you will be contacted by a DRC staff member to further explore your request and determine if additional information is necessary.